Re: Lift "runs on GNU/Linux" requirement

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Re: Lift "runs on GNU/Linux" requirement
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 12:33:45 -0400

I support this change as it would allow users of proprietary systems to easily find helpful free software programs that may lead them further up the freedom ladder [1].  Notepad++ comes to mind as a popular free software program that we cannot list on the Free Software Directory because it targets Windows system calls specifically.  We want all people to use free software and it often starts with a single free program on a nonfree system.

[1] https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Freedom_Ladder

Best,
Michael McMahon | Web Developer, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: 4337 2794 C8AD D5CA 8FCF  FA6C D037 59DA B600 E3C0
https://fsf.org | https://gnu.org