Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_oscope.py

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_oscope.py
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:36:37 -0800

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 12:40:22PM -0800, cfk wrote:
> Gentlemen:
>
>  I just got usrp_oscope.py working with my new usrp. It took a bit of work
> getting past the "import Numeric", but once I figured out it really was
> Numeric, not numarrays, and found the rpm file through python.org, things
> went a bit more smoothly.
>
>  I can input from a signal generator a sine (cosine?) wave from a low of
> 10kHz
> to a max of a couple Mhz and amplitudes from 40mv to almost 4volts.

>  The usrp_scope.py software is a bit fragile and likes to seg fault when the
> trigger input, pos/neg or %value trigger are changed, but once I stopped
> pushing those buttons, things worked just fine.

Shouldn't be segfaulting.  In fact, I've never seen it segfault on my
system.  I push those buttons all the time.

What version of wxpython are you using?

Can you track down where it's segfaulting?

Try attaching gdb to the running python after the imports but before
anything else.  See
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-write-a-block.html#debugging
for complete instructions.

>  The same usrp_oscope.py file will load firmware.ihx and usrp_fpga.rbf from a
> usrp that is just powered up, then plugged into the USB2.0 (getting one of
> those helped a lot), and then just running usrp_oscope.py and nothing else.

FYI, all of the python examples automatically load the firmware and fpga
bitstream.  You don't have to do anything.  It just works.

Eric