Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Soft-DVB working flawlessly

From: John Clark
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Soft-DVB working flawlessly
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:50:20 -0800

John Gilmore schrieb:
I can already think of one use that others can make of your
transmitter.  EFF and I are interested in measuring the DRM responses
of various digital television consumer products.  DRM is the
unnecessary restrictions that are built in to control what consumers
can do.  (Like no fast forwarding; won't play in some countries; or
only works with one manufacturer's products.)  DVB is really thick
with complicated, ugly restrictions like "can only record one copy --
only on Tuesdays and only within 1000 meters or with members of your
immediate family except for kids of divorced parents".  I bet there is
a lot of variation in the products that try to enforce it -- and maybe
some don't even try.

Those 'family' options will only be available after having you and yours updated (apparently evolution never
thought of that option...) with intracranial RFID chips...

But that aside... having the ability to do DVB would then allow one to modify the signal with the idea of simulating various distortions that occur in broadcast... is there an ATSC 8VSB modulator?

John Clark.