Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Soft-DVB working flawlessly @ correct bitrate.. (

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Soft-DVB working flawlessly @ correct bitrate.. (=11.612Mbps)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:28:34 +0100

2007/11/22, Teun van Berkel <address@hidden>:
Hi Vicenzo,

first of all, great work, the video really looks cool. Just a couple
of questions.

thanks

You have build a DVB-t transmitter, right?

yup

The video you are
transmitting (The soccer video), is that stored on your local
harddrive?

it comes from an MPEG2 transport stream which was captured when we (Italy) won the 2006 WorldCup

:D

the ts is just the input to my modulator which is entirely implemented in software,baseband samples for the consequent OFDM signal are calculated (not yet in real time, but it is achievable) and then sent out for the usrp to make them a real world signal, and place it where it is due in the UHF spectrum.

Or did you receive a local DVB-t signal and converted it to
a different frequency before transmitting it again? it is a bit
unclear to me how where you get your video source from.

Are you using the DVB-t setting with roughly 8000 subcarriers? Is it

no it is a 2K for now

still possible to do an IFFT with this many subccariers real-time? My
guess would be that this is the limited factor for real-time
transmission.

Really hope you could answer these questions,

Thanks,

you're welcome

Teun van Berkel

vincenzo