Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP digital downconverters

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP digital downconverters
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:06:10 -0700

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 2:30 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It sais, that the USRP digital downconverters have a programmable decimation
> rate. What does this decimation rate do? Is this the filter restricting the
> frequencies of the signal + noise?
>
> And how do I change this decimation rate?

Decimation reduces the sample rate of the incoming sequence to a lower
rate. You can find more information about the DDC on the wiki.

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/UsrpFAQDDC

How you set the decimation rate depends on how you use gnuradio. You
may want to look at the following usrp interface file.

usrp/host/include/usrp/usrp_standard.h

  Thomas