Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,

From: Mark Colin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:04:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Josh,

>    Just to verify things, I decided to try this out on an old XP laptop. I
>installed uhd and set my UHD_IMAGE_PATH, updated the driver to the
>WinUSB. The probe and find devices worked just fine.

>I recommend you try a different computer, a different usb cable, or a
>different os. Just to eliminate the variables. You only need to install
>uhd to test this.

  I tried it on a different PC I installed UHD, when I wanted to try the uhd_find_devices.exe (previously I set the UHD_IMAGE_PATH in the SYSTEM VARIABLES not USER VARIABLES as Markus mentioned in one of his posts) it told me that can't find MSVCP100.dll, after I downloaded the MSVCP100.dll it asked for MSVCR100.dll, after that it started with some error saying that it wasn't able to locate an entry point into MSVCR100.dll. So, unfortunatelly it's not working.

  I tried to check if gnuradio is OK, yes I have the most recent installer. I have tested python.exe -c "from gnuradio import gr" and python.exe -c "from gnuradio import uhd". It can't find the path to the DLL file (like the problem of Ryan van den Bergh in one of these posts) even if I changed theyr path from User Variables Path to System Variables Path.

d:\Docs\Code\Python27>python.exe -c "from gnurad
io import gr"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "d:\Docs\Code\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\
gnuradio\gr\__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
    from gnuradio_core import *
  File "d:\Docs\Code\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\
gnuradio\gr\gnuradio_core.py", line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio_core_runtime import *
  File "d:\Docs\Code\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\
gnuradio\gr\gnuradio_core_runtime.py", line 25, in <module>
    _gnuradio_core_runtime = swig_import_helper()
  File "d:\Docs\Code\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\
gnuradio\gr\gnuradio_core_runtime.py", line 21, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_gnuradio_core_runtime', fp, pathname, description)

d:\Docs\Code\Python27>python.exe -c "from gnurad
io import uhd"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "d:\Docs\Code\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\
gnuradio\uhd\__init__.py", line 87, in <module>
    _prepare_uhd_swig()
  File "d:\Docs\Code\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\
gnuradio\uhd\__init__.py", line 26, in _prepare_uhd_swig
    import uhd_swig
  File "d:\Docs\Code\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\
gnuradio\uhd\uhd_swig.py", line 24, in <module>
    _uhd_swig = swig_import_helper()
  File "d:\Docs\Code\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\
gnuradio\uhd\uhd_swig.py", line 20, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_uhd_swig', fp, pathname, description)

I checked files with Dependency walker and it reports that can't find file. To tell you the truth I don't know why it can't find DLL files, I'm making softwares for more than 5 years but only once or twice happend to have some problems with paths, anyway that's not a good practice to use hardcoded things into the application, maybe this is why it can't find the DLL files.

Thanks you very much Josh.

Best regards,
Mark.