Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DC component

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DC component
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 13:42:28 -0500

Hi all,I'm observing a DC component inside my spectrum as you can see
in the two pictures in attachment (differentfrequency ranges), this DC
is only shown when there is no active transmission (only noise).
Consider I'm already using the UHD's advanced tuning specifying the LO
at 3Mhz. I'm receiving a signal witha central frequency of 430MHz with
a bandwidth of around 5Mhz, the DC due the LO should be quite away.
Is this normal ?

Regards
Gaetano

You can use the "calibration" utilities that come with a modern UHD (latest from GIT), assuming either a SBX or WBX board, which can reduce the magnitude of the "DC anomaly", by calibrating the phase and gain errors in the mixers at various frequencies, and compensating
  in the FPGA.

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/calibration.html

--
Marcus Leech