Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu Radio architecture, etc

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu Radio architecture, etc
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:27:33 -0500

I have made good use of GRC under Ubuntu (it suddenly quit working under
FreeBSD) for some projects. Currently, I'm trying to get a QPSK receiver
running at 1.92 ksps or slower. Send me .grc file for the demodulator
part and tell me how to tweak the variables.

I'm pretty sure *someone* can help you with the QPSK demodulator on this list. I'm not the guy. My DSP expertise is limited (mostly) to that which is required for applications in scientific radio, including radio astronomy, ionospheric monitoring, etc. Hardly any cosmic objects modulate
  themselves in QPSK, vanishingly few, in fact :-)

But the people who developed most of the DSP blocks in Gnu Radio are on this list, and are happy to help people use their work. It's true that better per-block documentation is still required, but again, people in a community-oriented project like this work on what they want to work on. That may not include really-good documentation. Not all programmers are also good documenters.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator