[Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK] SIMD accelerated Mersenne-Twister

From: Stefan Wunsch
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK] SIMD accelerated Mersenne-Twister
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:57:46 +0100

Hi!

I have implemented a SIMD accelerated Mersenne-Twister as a VOLK kernel.
The performance is pretty good with up to 350% performance increase
compared to a conventional Mersenne-Twister (used is the boost.random
implementation with O3 compiler flag).

Now the problem: The code isn't completely mine. It is done by the
author of this [0]. The code says that it is published under the
3-clause BSD licence [1].

Is it possible to contribute this to VOLK? Or do I violate the BSD
licence (or the GPL)?

Greetings
Stefan

[0] http://www.math.sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~m-mat/MT/SFMT/
[1]
/*
 * Copyright (C) 2006, 2007 Mutsuo Saito, Makoto Matsumoto and Hiroshima
 * University.
 * Copyright (C) 2012 Mutsuo Saito, Makoto Matsumoto, Hiroshima
 * University and The University of Tokyo.
 * Copyright (C) 2013 Mutsuo Saito, Makoto Matsumoto and Hiroshima
 * University.
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * The 3-clause BSD License is applied to this software, see
 * LICENSE.txt
 */