Re: fw: Novice?-Best UBUNTU version-Best GNUradio versio

From: Christophe Seguinot
Subject: Re: fw: Novice?-Best UBUNTU version-Best GNUradio versio
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 09:58:12 +0100

Hi

I'm too using Ubuntu.

You also plan to use some SDR, so I would suggest you install GNURadio 3.8.  (May be someone could give further information about Adalm and HackRF software availibility under GNURadio 3.8) Be aware that some software needed to use SDR radio under GNURadio are not in PPA so that they should be compiled from source (but this is not so difficult).

If you are new to Ubuntu/linux, do not hesitate to have 2 install Ubuntu version, a main one with all you running stuff, the other for compiling source trial etc... This later can be reinstalled if you fail in some step, it will be you sandbox where you will learn a lot of things without breaking your main install.

Regards