Import Error "undefined symbol"

From: Beckmann, Niklas
Subject: Import Error "undefined symbol"
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 08:58:23 +0000

Hi everybody,

in a Flowchart, I am using an Import Block.

Gnuradio shows me the following:

Param - Import(imports):
Import "import mymodule" failed.

The module "mymodule" is installed properly and without any error. The blocks of this module are working (except of the one that i need the import for) and showed on the sidebar where all the blocks are found.

To get more information about the error, I opened a pyhton termial with the following result:

niklas@niklas:~$ python
Python 3.8.10 (default, Nov 14 2022, 12:59:47)
[GCC 9.4.0] on linux
>>> import mymodule
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/gnuradio/mymodule/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
    from .mymodule_python import *
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnuradio-mymodule.so.1.0.0: undefined symbol: _ZTIN2gr7digital21packet_header_defaultE

I wasnt able to solve this problem now for a few days already, and therefore, I was wondering, if anyone has an idea, how to solve that, since also google did not really help. If I need to provide any further information, I will of course do so (I just did not know, what else could be important for this).

Thank you very much for your help. 😊

Kind regards,