Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Import Error "undefined symbol"

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: Import Error "undefined symbol"
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 19:59:29 +0300

Hi Niklas,

On 28/03/2023 19.20, Beckmann, Niklas wrote:

>> Why 3.10.4.0 and not the latest 3.10 (currently is 3.10.5.1)?
>
> I am porting modules from 3.7 to 3.10 and when I started porting, 3.10.4.0
> was the newest version.

OK.
>> How did you install gnuradio previously and how did you uninstall it? Make
>> sure you don't have two gnuradio versions installed in parallel - one from
>> deb/apt packages in /usr and a second one from source in /usr/local.
>
> I uninstalled it as given on the GRC-wiki: "sudo apt remove gnuradio"

OK.

>> How did you install the debug symbols? Before or after installing from
>> source?
>
> I did install debug symbols after installing from source, sould i maybe try
> install debug symbols before installation?

The debug symbols package is only needed for the version installed with apt.
You no longer need it as you've removed the gnuradio package and re-installed
from source. Remove this debug symbols package as well.

When installing from source make sure you are building with debug symbols (-g,
-g3 or -ggdb flags in CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS). Set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to
RelWithDebInfo

 cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo ..

Then run

 make clean
 make VERBOSE=1 | grep "\-g"

and check that -g flag is present in the output. After the full rebuild you
need to reinstall and hopefully this time the backtrace would contains some
more information.

> Does it help if I give the code of the according block? I am really running
> out of ideas here...

It could help.

Regards,
Vasil