Re: GSXML

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: GSXML
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 17:01:33 +0200

On Sunday, May 19, 2002, at 09:44 AM, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

Hi,

It was the first time I was using GSXML and I have few comments about it,
[...]

I couldn't agree more to your comments!

One question: is there an Objective-C XML library that is available for both GNUstep and MacOS-X? Maybe some wrapper around libxml (like GSXML) and core foundation with unified interface, so it is not needed to write the same code
twice.

There's an Objective-C wrapper for the expat parser (http://expat.sourceforge.net/) called Expatobjc (http://expat.sourceforge.net/). I haven't used it, yet, but it's probably what you're looking for. An XML-like parser (EDMLParser) is included in the EDCommon framework (http://www.mulle- kybernetik.com/software/ALX3000/edcommon.html) which I recently ported to GNUstep. The parser itself lacks certain features of XML (namespaces, schema, DTD) but worked for almost all XML projects I've come across so far (RSS, Jabber, etc.). It's configurable, easy to understand and natively written in Objective-C (no C-wrapper). Also, the license is BSD stylish, probably a plus.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Mueller  .  .  .  crack-admin/coder ;-)
Mulle kybernetiK  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com