RE: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possib le?)

From: Pete French
Subject: RE: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possib le?)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:31:58 +0100

> i'm sure i'll get caught in the hellish blaze that is likely to ensue, but i
> have to agree with tim on this one.  yes, cross-platform apps/tools/etc. are
> nice & nifty, but how many people are concerned about getting GNUstep apps
> running on Windows compared to, say, the number of people requesting some
> sort of nifty theme mechanism?

...though which is more useful ?

Themes are pointless window dressing. No point in it looking good if it
doesnt run the code. Cross platform abilities is our best Unique Selling Point
really. Not only is it a fantastic ddevelopment environment but you
can write once and then deploy on UNIX / Linux / OSX / Windows.

That a good feature. That will lead to people adopting it. being ale
to continue deploying my old OpenStep code is my motivation for being
involved in this, and I would love to be able to do so under Windows
without having to rip off vopies of YellowBox in order to do so...

-bat.