GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??

From: Mayuresh Kathe
Subject: GNUStep for FreeBSD 5.0 DP2??
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:05:29 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,

Wish you a Very Happy and Productive New Year :)

I am back on the list after a long time (lets say ages ;)

I have finally settled down with FreeBSD as the system of my choice for
regular usage (email, surfing, documentation, a/v).
My current hardware could be considered a bit weak (233Mhz, 64Mb, 10Gb).

I wanted to know if there are any FreBSD specific docs/howtos which could
guide me as to what I'll have to do to get GNUStep up and running on it?
(probably Chris Vetter)

Also, what are the differences between WindowMaker and GWorkSpace?
Is there a window manager other than WindowMaker (written in Obj-C) for
GNUStep? If yes, can it be considered good enough for regular use?

There used to be a concept called Backend earlier, references to which are
missing on the website (probably I didn't look properly).
Can I a use DGS (does it still exist) rather than X?

Is there a login manager (there used to be a Login.app somewhere to
compliment WindowMaker) available?

Warm Regards,

~Mayuresh