Re: Bug reports and tracking tools, was "Re: problems building - Bug rep

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Bug reports and tracking tools, was "Re: problems building - Bug reports and tracking tools, was "Re: problems building -
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:29:36 -0700 (PDT)

Ian,

Savannah's bug reporting system should be viewed as the primary clearing house
for bugs.

I urge anyone with bugs in Gorm (or the rest of GNUstep for that matter) to
submit their bugs there along with a description of how to reproduce the
problem.   This goes a VERY long way towards getting the problem fixed.

As far as bugs being open since April 4, 2003, that doesn't mean they're not
being worked on.   You must realize that GNUstep is a free software project and
we contribute when and what we can. :D

Not putting the bug in will only hinder it's getting addressed. :)

Later, GJC

--- Ian Jones <ia_jones_01@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2003-06-20 02:35:12 +0000 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
> > FYI, a good method of getting bugs fixed is to use the bug tracking
> database:
> >
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnustep
> >
> > Then you can track the status of your bug.
>
> There are bugs on there going back as far as 29/04/03 that are unassigned to
> anyone. The only person I see with stuff assigned to them is greg casmento
> and one to adam fedor. Are the developers actually using this thing? I
> reported a bug myself 17/06/03, it's fine having the tools to do the job and
> asking people to use them if developers are actually making use of them
> themselves.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---