Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> Cocoa...

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> Cocoa...
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:16:43 +0000 (GMT)

> >> This seems to be just the one I'm seeking for. Which file defines the
> >> macro?  Or is this
> >> one defined by each programmer?
> >
> > The problem with #ifdef GNUSTEP is that, AFAIR, it is still defined if
> > you
> > use GNUstep-make to build under OS X. That's no good. Apple's GCC
> > always
> > defines __APPLE__ and there's also MAC_OS_X (or is it MAC_OSX, I can
> > never
> > remember..)
>
> It would be nice if someone with a MacOS-X setup could check this out...

I've tested it extensively with Renaissance both on GNUstep and MacOSX and
it works perfectly well.

Let me state this again to remove the shadowy confusion:

The macro "GNUSTEP" *does* work to determine if you are compiling against
gnustep frameworks or non-gnustep frameworks.

If anyone has a problem with it in that it doesn't behave in that way for
them, please provide a clear report of the problem you are having with
example source code which doesn't work, and (if there is indeed a problem)
I'll take care of fixing it asap.