Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep<---> Co

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep<---> Cocoa...)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:08:42 +0700

What makes an adobe (or for that matter microsoft) style toolbar any better? The smaller (harder to hit and indentify) icons? (Note: you can reduce the iconsize of NSToolbars too.) The lack of labels? The missing possibilyty to show only the icons or the labels? The missing possibility to hide the whole toolbar? maybe something else, but I cant guess it, I need an answer.

Because they are located at the screen edge and is easier to be reached by
mouse.
I'd like to see it as

Text will make the item area wider and make life easier with the mouse.
Or just scale the whole thing up but the point is the edge of the screen.