Re: cairo backend status

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: cairo backend status
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:33:27 +0800

On 8/16/06, Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

Am 16.08.2006 um 10:42 schrieb Rogelio Serrano:

> Applications
> dont matter to me anymore. all i want to see are documents. when i log
> in i want to see the document im working on yesterady. when i look for
> the document about the email search optimisiations then i get that
> right away without rememebering if it was an email or not.

Interesting approach.

As you obviously still have to run programs to access your documents,
you have to tell them how to store the intermediate state of their
document. An excellent addition, even from the traditional point of
view, IMHO.

Yes apps have to be running but user dont have to handle it. I think
nextstep was designed at one point to do this very elegantly.

i think the opendoc designer gave a hint how to do improve on opendoc
and i think it must be looked up very agressively. again nextstep had
a very elegant solution for this at one point.

there are a lot of hints in the papers written by early apple employees.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself