Re: cairo backend status

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: cairo backend status
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:37:48 +0200

"Rogelio Serrano" <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com> writes:

> Did anybody have any progress with the cairo backend lately?
>
> --
> things i hate about my linux pc:
>
> 1. it takes more than a second to boot up

Is that true?  I don't remember, last time I booted my linux PC was
more than a year ago...

> 2. keeps asking about filenames and directories

Well, mine doesn't ask anything.  It just executes the orders I give
him with no question asked.

> 3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday

Why?  Its memory doesn't hold 8 hours?  On my linux PC, when I leave
the window of an application open, and when I come back to it a week
later, it's still there...

> 4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made

Do you have problems with your hard disk?

> 5. cannot figure out necessary settings by itself

Well, this is something that could need some work, indeed.  But it's
rather easy to figure out the _necessary_ settings and to tell it.

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this product, in any
manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the
universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is
warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of
the universe.