Re: Scrollbars.

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Scrollbars.
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:49:19 -0800

Renaud Molla wrote:

I think you'll find that the systems which have the scroll bar on the
right are also more than 10 years old. There may have been advances made
in GUI's in the last ten years, but the position of the scroll bar is
not one of them.

First of all, do you really think i'm so stupid i didn't know that there are systems with right scrollbars that are more than 10 year old? This is not a counter argument, you're only trying to shut me up. Secondly, who are you to consider some new features are advances and others not? You are definitely not objective.

I never said that left scrollbars are bad because they're 10 year old, and personally i don't care about it, when i read the mail asking for right side scrollbars, i just thought "hey, but they're already on the right side" and checked and realized they're not.

It's not about the age of features, the computer window concept is more than 20 year old and it is still the best i think.

It's at least *40* years old.