Re: FOSDEM 2008

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2008
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:13:07 +0100

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 26.01.2008 um 17:12 schrieb Helge Hess:
>
>> On 25.01.2008, at 15:03, hns@computer.org wrote:
>>> Who said it is 'boring'?
>>
>> Fred:
>> ---snip---
>> Without a proper GNUstep developer room it wont be worthwhile for me
>> to show up otherwise. I spend most of last years FOSDEM sitting behind
>> our stall and found this rather boring.
>> ---snap---
>> (I was rather shocked by this one! ;-/)
>
> Well, this is obviously the opinion of one person during discussion and
> not a final consensus of the community.

Exactly and a rather personal opinion, if I may say so. While most of
you were having fun in the developer room, I was sitting alone behind
the booth most of the time. For me the two hours I spend in the dev
room, talking about cairo and discussing the future of GNUstep related
projects, was what made the trip to Brussels worthwhile.

This time I hope to meet Greg and to have some interesting discussions
on Friday evening and Saturday morning in the hotel lobby. Again this is
my personal reason for going to FOSDEM, yours may be completely different.

Fred