Re: LLVM

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: LLVM
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:33:58 +0000

On 1 Mar 2008, at 14:16, Helge Hess wrote:

So far I didn't read the license of clang, but wouldn't it be possible to license changes we do under GPL? (pretty much in the same line what you fear Apple could do ;-)

The license for clang and LLVM is BSD-style. There is nothing stopping you from writing GPL'd patches (the license is GPL- compatible, but the GPL is not UIOSL compatible), but they won't be accepted upstream. If you have the resources to maintain a complete GPL'd fork of clang, then feel free. I don't.