Re: New -base release?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: New -base release?
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 00:00:05 +0100

Well, looking through the change log, about 90% of the changes since the last
release have contained the word 'fix'.  A lot of the changes I made were fixes
because PyObjC discovered bugs in GNUstep.  I'd like to tighten up some of the
ARC-related stuff, but I'm not too bothered about the stability of things like
ARC / GC - they're not yet used by many people yet - but lots of the other
stuff has been bug fixed since the last release.

We don't have many new untested features, but we do have a lot of fixes since
the last release.  I think we've actually done more bug fixing since the
release than during the code freeze period prior to it...

David