Re: building a self-contained deployable gnustep [cont]

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: building a self-contained deployable gnustep [cont]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:29:11 +0100

On 17 Oct 2011, at 07:45, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> Anyway, I've just spent some time trying to make things simpler by providing
> templates for standalone deployment (will probably need further tweaking, and
> I haven't documented it yet though) ...
>
> I haven't tried it with gui apps, but just as a test (using the 'defaults'
> command line tool) I did ...
>
> cd make
> ./configure --with-layout=standalone
> make install
> . ~/standalone/Makefile/GNUstep.sh
> cd ../base
> ./configure --with-config-file=./ --with-default-config=standalone.conf
> make install
>
> mv ~/standalone /tmp/x
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/x
> /tmp/x/defaults read

I tried further testing with a gui app, and encountered an error in the
standalone.conf template, which  fixed in svn.

cd make
./configure --with-layout=standalone
make install
. ~/standalone/Makefile/GNUstep.sh
cd ../base
./configure --with-config-file=./ --with-default-config=standalone.conf
make install
cd ../gui
make install
cd ../back
make install

that puts the gnustep core packages into ~/standalone ... then you just need to
copy that wherever you want it inside your app wrapper, and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH

eg.
I build Calculator.app and  tested it ...

mv ~/standalone Calculator.app
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/Calculator.app/standalone
Calculator.app/Calculator