Re: CGPoint support in NSValue

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: CGPoint support in NSValue
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 22:36:55 +0000

Apologies. I was confused by: "Or we make these typedef to the Foundation types (or rather the other way around!) and wont need the patch at all."

I missed the English language's subtle difference between the definite article "the" and indefinite "a"; we do need a patch, just not the one from the original email. :-)

I do like the proposal of renaming NSPoint into CGPoint, possibly moving it into another file, then adding a typedef.

Or, for something more neutral, renaming NSPoint into GSPoint, typedefing NSPoint as CGPoint, then doing the same in CGGeometry.h?

Or just typedefing CGPoint as NSPoint?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 10:21 PM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
Am 14.03.2015 um 23:15 schrieb Ivan Vučica:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de
> <mailto:fredkiefer@gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     To summon this up, the proposed patch wont work because we don't have
>     CGPoint and CGRect defined in base at the moment. If we add these two
>     types to base in some way we could either add two separate definitions
>     and become incompatible to Cocoa. Or we make these typedef to the
>     Foundation types (or rather the other way around!) and wont need the
>     patch at all.
>

> Could you clarify what incompatibility you are referring to?

The one you showed in your previous mail?

$ ./a.out
{_NSPoint=ff}
{_CGPoint=ff}