Re: A Critique: Getting Started with GNUstep on Windows

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: A Critique: Getting Started with GNUstep on Windows
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:10:33 -0500

Doc,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Doc O'Leary <droleary@2015usenet1.subsume.com> wrote:

​<snipped for clarity...>

There is no point in doing so until the GNUstep project adopts a mission
statement that explicitly states it exists to support that kind of
activity.  As I keep saying, it is entirely unclear what the purpose of
GNUstep is.  To look at the site, it appears to have nothing to do with
getting a Mac app to work on a non-Apple platform.

​The mission statement is very clearly stated on the website.​

​"​
GNUstep is a mature Framework, suited both for advanced GUI desktop applications as well as server applications. The framework closely follows Apple's Cocoa (formerly NeXT's OpenStep) APIs but is portable to a variety of platforms and architectures.
Read more about the GNUstep project, or the people behind it.
GNUstep offers Development tools for command-line and GUI development, as well as the foundations for a Desktop environment, which other projects can complete.
​"​

> No problem, don't use it.

That is exactly the attitude that gets people to not use GNUstep.

​I do agree with this.  The atmosphere needs to be more welcoming in general.​

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly