Re: GNUstep Live on OSnews

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GNUstep Live on OSnews
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:12:30 +0100

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Xavier Brochard <xavier@alternatif.org> wrote:
Le 31 juillet, 18:46:22 Fred Kiefer a écrit :
> That just shows the main issue we have. People, even the one interested in
> GNUstep, are not aware of what is already there.

That's why a little how-to is necessary!
It would start with
For a good experience try with
- freeBSD
- Fedora
- SuSE
- forget Debian and derivative

Install this
Configure this and this
etc.

Side note: We seem to be having another potential centithread about 'what needs to be done', 'why is GNUstep not used more' and 'what is the right thing for people to use'.

Before the whole thing escalates, posters, please consider to which level is discussing this useful, and at which level we risk entering the territory of 'this discussion is damaging'. Remember: we've had these situations before, with key contributors bailing out.

Also, consider: depending on your point of view, this thread may or may not have went slightly offtopic. Are we still discussing the Live CD posting on OSNews? Perhaps, but it's not clear to me. :)