Re: PrjectCenter (and Gorm) ask for old gnustep-base library in FreeBSD

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: PrjectCenter (and Gorm) ask for old gnustep-base library in FreeBSD 11.1
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 11:06:38 +0000

On 4 Nov 2017, at 17:07, Edwin Ancaer <eancaer@gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed the ports with the make install command, in a previous version.
>

> The update was done with the freebsd-update command. Then the problems
> started.
>
> I also reinstalled all ports with the portmaster utility. It took my laptop
> over 24 hours to compile and install everything, but to no avail.

It’s worth noting that, while this may work, it is *strongly* discouraged on
modern FreeBSD.  Ideally, you should be able to simply use the packaged
versions (pkg ins gnustep-app).  If you do need to compile from source (e.g. if
you need some custom options) then the recommended way to do so is to install
Poudriere and use it to build a package set.

David