Re: Documentation format on a GNUstep desktop

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Documentation format on a GNUstep desktop
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 10:46:32 +0200

> Am 08.06.2020 um 10:39 schrieb Svetlana Tkachenko <svetlana@members.fsf.org>:
>
> Thank you, Nikolaus
> Specifically I'm looking for something the users can view offline

Did you look into the link I have sent? It is not a server based solution. Just
a bundle of html files stored locally on some machine and displayed by the help
viewer app (which is just a simple web browser). IMHO this is what you are
looking for.

BTW: it should be possible to generate such files by docbook.

> - unless each PC user is running their own web-server? (I know Macs maybe
> refuse to boot without wifi, but I wouldn't)

All browsers I know of can open and display html stored on the local machine
without a http server (file:/path).