Re: Documentation format on a GNUstep desktop

From: Patrick Cardona
Subject: Re: Documentation format on a GNUstep desktop
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 14:35:45 +0200

Hi Nikolaus and Svetlana,

Within GNUstep echosystem, there is also HelpViewer.app :
But if You try to open HTML help files provided within the Documentation of
GNUsep, f.e. :

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/share/GNUstep/Documentation/User/Gui $ ls
DefaultsSummary.html  GuiUser.igsdoc      LanguageSetup.html
dependencies          KeyboardSetup.html

You will notice that no file seems available from the Library or from the menu
"file > open..."
thought such files are available in the filesystem.

Searching the description of HelpViewer.app from the Debian Package, I could
read :

> "HelpViewer is an online help viewer for GNUstep programs.  It can render
> files
in the XLP format, although this format has been deprecated and only several
packages still use it.
SiteĀ : http://www.roard.com/helpviewer/";

So, to replace XLP format, it would be nice to be able to read the help in HTML
or maybe ePub formats
within HelpViewer.app, because opening a real Web Browser is wasting so much
RAM.

--
Bien cordialement,
Patrick CARDONA