Re: Documentation format on a GNUstep desktop

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Documentation format on a GNUstep desktop
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 11:30:49 +0200

> Am 08.06.2020 um 11:23 schrieb Svetlana Tkachenko <svetlana@members.fsf.org>:
>
> Thank you again - does storing static HTML pages locally without a webserver
> include the documentation search function? Example,
> <https://developer.apple.com/search/?q=test>

It depends. Search can be provided by the help viewer (Apple mentions some
generator for an index file) or it could be possible to add javascript to the
html.

Just a side-note: people are implementing everything to run local in a browser
using JavaScript. For example you can run Linux in the browser:
https://bellard.org/jslinux/ You can start it and then turn off your LAN
connection... I still wonder how it works.