Re: [Dolibarr-dev] [Dolibarr-association] Dolibarr 4.0.1

From: Maxime Kohlhaas
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] [Dolibarr-association] Dolibarr 4.0.1
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 09:47:50 +0200

Hi all,

Regarding the current release management, I (speaking also for ATM) think that having 2 releases per year is a very good thing.
This shows community members that Dolibarr is very active, users that the project is very much alive and that they don't have to wait for more than a year to have a new functionality.

On the development side, we strongly think that short delays between releases is the best because the beta stage is reduced and so are the bugfix. The more new things you have to test and fix, the longer and harder this will be. There's already a lack of testers and bugfixers, so having more for them will be discouraging.

Finally, I don't see where the developer creativity is reduced with this system.

Of course I (again we at ATM) are open to discussion, especially when you will visit us in Valence on December 9/10/11 ;)

Bien cordialement,

--
Maxime Kohlhaas | Consultant associé
Hello

I agree with Charlie and not only for creativity reason.
I think this point as to be debated to the next devcamp in Valencia.

Regards

Philippe Scoffoni