Re: [DotGNU]Patch -- Extend ilverify to print full method signature

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Patch -- Extend ilverify to print full method signature
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:02:29 -0400

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 02:35:08PM +1000, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Jonathan P Springer wrote:
> >
> > As I was starting to work through ilverify problems in System.Xml, I got
> > fed up with polymorphism and ilverify not reporting the full method
> > signature.  The attached patch (which I'll also put into Savannah)
> > addresses that by causing ILVerify to print a full method signature.
>
> Actually, you can do the same thing much quicker using the
> "ILDumpMethodType" function from "dumpasm/dump_type.c".
> Something like this:
>
> ILDumpMethodType(outstream, image,
>                  ILMethod_Signature(method), 0,
>                  ILMethod_Owner(method),
>                  ILMethod_Name(method),
>                  method);
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rhys.

Cool.  I'll play with that tonight.

BTW, I found cases where the patch I posted to the list abends.  If it's
still there, the Savannah patch corrects that problem, but I still hope
to fiddle with ILDumpMethodType.

Cheers, too.

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen