Re: [DotGNU]Dotgnu written in C#?

From: j_post
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Dotgnu written in C#?
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 23:21:37 -0700

On Friday 08 August 2003 03:37 pm, James Michael DuPont wrote:

> We are talking about refactoring and transformation.
> Why cannot we replace a struct in c with a class in c#?

You can. All UTM (Turing complete) languages are equivalent (Kleene's
Theorem). But what's the point? Well written code is well written code
regardless of the language used, and crap is crap in any language. (BTW,
Sturgeon's Law applies: "Ninety percent of everything is crap".)

> I have 10 years of industry experience.

The statement means nothing. Some people have 10 years experience, others
have 1 year experience 10 times. FWIW, I have over 20 years industry
experience, Gopal V. has zero (AFAIK), but I tip my hat to him any day--the
man has phenomenal talent, proven by actual, real, working code. Results
matter, all else is fluff.

Jeff