RE: [DotGNU]Dotgnu written in C#?

From: Dawkins, David
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]Dotgnu written in C#?
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 03:25:55 -0400

> > > I think richard should tell you the facts about himself. I have 10
> > > years of industry experience.
> >
> > Experience is only half of the equation.  The other half is ability.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Rhys (20 years of experience and millions of lines of ability)
> > Weatherley.
>
> Again Rhys,
>
> I was defending a newbie against an unfair attack from rich333. His
> industry experience was quoted as a reason to support that biased attack.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, I'm sorry about that. After reading more of this thread, I should
have qualified what I meant. It's not that I know Rich to have industry
experience (I don't know him, and he tells us he doesn't have any anyway!).

I meant that he sounds as if he's been through some of the same
experiences I've been through with software development, and those
experiences have left me with the opinion that rewrites are rarely
worth the cost.

As it turns out, it appears that industry experience is not necessary in
making this appraisal. Too bad I didn't have those instincts at Rich's age
:)

David Dawkins