Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Duplicity 0.4.4.RC2 Ready

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Duplicity 0.4.4.RC2 Ready
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:41:32 -0500

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> Andreas Schildbach wrote:
>> Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>>
>>> Added --time-separator <char> to allow users to change the time
>>> separator from ':' to another character that will work on their
>>> system.  HINT: For Windows SMB shares, use --time-separator='_'.
>>> NOTE: '-' is not valid as it conflicts with date separator.
>> I'm afraid this feature does not work yet (at least not with SMB shares):
>>
> <snip>
>> I suspect the "_" substitution is not happening.
>
> OK, now I'm getting frustrated.  I had a test case working on both Linux
> and Windows.  Now it does not.  Must have screwed something else up with
> the other changes.  More below.

I finally took the time to trace down why it did not work.  Somehow, I
swapped a couple of lines in duplicity which caused the time string to
be set *before* the option was read.  The attached patch fixes this.

I knew it had worked.  Now it will again.

...Ken

diff -c /home/ken/sandbox/duplicity/sources/duplicity-bin~
/home/ken/sandbox/duplicity/sources/duplicity-bin
*** /home/ken/sandbox/duplicity/sources/duplicity-bin~  2007-10-10
10:35:32.000000000 -0500
--- /home/ken/sandbox/duplicity/sources/duplicity-bin   2007-10-10
10:35:32.000000000 -0500
***************
*** 347,354 ****

  def main():
        """Start/end here"""
-       dup_time.setcurtime()
        action = commandline.ProcessCommandLine(sys.argv[1:])
        col_stats = collections.CollectionsStatus(globals.backend,

          globals.archive_dir).set_values()
        log.Log("Collection Status\n-----------------\n" + str(col_stats), 8)
--- 347,354 ----

  def main():
        """Start/end here"""
        action = commandline.ProcessCommandLine(sys.argv[1:])
+       dup_time.setcurtime()