dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Recored Error

From: Atish Nazir
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Recored Error
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:45:03 +0100

Hi Louis, Philip!
Regarding the Sony DVD drive.  I own the same device, only started trying to
burn DVDs last week, but to no avail (thanks guys on this list for
suggestions).  In my case, it's looking like some sort of hardware death on the
drive as I managed to get hold of a Windows machine (*shudder*) and tried it
out in that :o\  Interestingly though, you machine is actually getting to the
stage of writing tracks vaguely, while mine whinges about laser focus problems!
 Urgh, so in your case it maybe worth doing some tinkering with hdparm?

Considering the success people have been having the Pioneers units, I might
trade my Sony in for one of those as I can't afford not to be able to backup
that box :o\
         'tish.