dvdrtools-users

RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Pioneer Burners and 4x Media

From: Scott Prive
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Pioneer Burners and 4x Media
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:59:26 -0400

Thanks.

What amazes me is these drives can *do* 4X DVD at all!! They were, after all,
advertised as 2X drives. I'm very surprised the drives weren't capped at that
speed, so they could turn around and sell a faster model later on (like
Lite-On, etc do with CD-R drives).

I seem to recall reading the DVD-R drives would "never" go beyond 2X due to the
manner the data was linked. It must have been another one of those published
lies at dvdplusrw.org ;-)