eev

Re: [eev] F3 binding conflict in emacs22

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: [eev] F3 binding conflict in emacs22
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 02:00:17 +0200

   Hi Nikos,

   > in emacs22 and higher f3 is by default bound to
   > "kmacro-start-macro-or-insert-counter", a very convenient key IMHO.
   > Unfortunately this binding conflicts with eev that bounds that key
   > to "eeb-default".  I use kboard macros all the time and I've grown
   > accustomed to the f3 key so every time I (re-)install eev I cancel
   > this binding and bound "eeb-default" to f7 instead.  I wonder
   > whether you could change this eev binding "officially".

   Lots of people (4, maybe even 5) have already told me that eev's keys
   collide with standard keys that they find useful... and indeed, eev
   binds keys that the Elisp manual says that no standard minor mode
   should bind... 8-(

The solely keys that collide are M-1 and friends here (it
collides with my WM actually). I will have to either bind these
keys elsewhere or change my WM settings.

Anyway, that's not a big deal whatever I choose to change.

Regards

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org