Re: Compiling current CVS Emacs on Windows NT

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Compiling current CVS Emacs on Windows NT
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:37:09 +0100

On Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:13:31 +0100, Christoph Conrad <address@hidden> wrote:

> The only thing i had to change was in lisp/makefile
>
> #-cc-
> #lisp = $(CURDIR)
> lisp = .
>
> Maybe cause i have an old gnumake port (3.75) in the PATH.

Perhaps.

Anyway, if you have MSVC and the right environment variables (either
preset or via VCVARS32.BAT), you can go to emacs/nt, do:

configure --with-msvc
nmake bootstrap

and you should have a fully working Emacs without having to resort to
changing lisp/makefile or any other file.  The only things lacking are
the "Elisp" and "Emacs Lisp Introduction" info manuals (their building
process is not supported on Windows).

If the above procedure does not work for you, I think it is a bug worth
reporting.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u