Re: x-use-underline-position-properties

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: x-use-underline-position-properties
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 19:18:52 +0200

> From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:31:54 -0500
>
> > No, not the same: now it is complaining about 3 variables instead of 2.
>
> No big difference: it's still a prime number.

I didn't say the difference was big.

> How about changing cus-start to ignore those vars that aren't
> bound ?  Oh wait, that's what it does already, isn't it ?

Yes, it ignores them, after printing the warning.

> Is the warning really annoying ?

I don't like warnings that I need to ignore.

Perhaps we could detect symbols that belong to the GUI versions, and
not print the warning if the version being built is a non-GUI one.
Something slightly more complicated than the code which avoids
warnings for dos-* and w32-* symbols on Unix and Mac.