Re: lost argument and doc string

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: lost argument and doc string
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:23:32 -0800 (PST)

Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:35:24 +0200 (IST): Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I don't know much about how make-docfile operates
> > but it obviously expects some .elc files instead of .el files.
>
> Could you please see why is this so?  Is it perhaps an issue with
> binary vs text reads?

I'll try to read make-docfile.c, however, someone on this list
probably can provide quick answer to this puzzle before I solve it.
What's really strange is out of all those elc files following files
are seemingly and deliberately left as el files.

cus-start.el, loadup.el, loaddefs.el, bindings.el,
international/mule-conf.el, paths.el, version.el

> > I suppose the following change in lib-src/ChangeLog is responsible
> > for this.
>
> Yes, but Andrew did that change for a reason, as the log says...

I agree, and the new way looks cleaner if it works.

I'll continue to work on this topic.

-Tak