Re: [usability] mouse-1 for performing actions?

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: [usability] mouse-1 for performing actions?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:02:41 +0200

> It would be interesting to try implementing this in Emacs; I don't
> think it should be terribly hard.

Note, using mouse-2 for dragging is "wrong" -- maybe, Motif does it this
way, but the majority of all potential user are used to drag objects
with mouse-1.

BTw, mouse-2 is basically a no-op on many a lot devices, esp. on such a
device like my notebook.  And there are mice with only 1 button!

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o