Re: No calc in pretest?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: No calc in pretest?
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:24:11 -0600 (MDT)

Perhaps we can use planned gaps in minor version numbers.  For
instance, maybe the next non-bug-fix release should be Emacs 21.10.
That way, we can fix the number now.  We certainly won't get past
21.9 with bug-fix releases.

This is not fundamentally different from inserting an additional
number after the major version, as if the current version were 21.1.2
and the next non-bug-fix would be 21.2.1.  But it is less of a change
than that.  Also, we can leave a gap on occasion, but we don't have to
do it all the time.