Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:03:47 -0400

    It makes more sense to me to write a backend to the Customize GUI that
    generates a readable .emacs file that people can study, modify, and
    share, if they wish.

I agree, this would be desirable.  Pretty-printing the forms
might be a good idea.

      ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!

    which is entirely contrary to the principles of freedom: it says do
    not modify, do not share!

This is meant as a warning; I'm surprised you took it as an order.
I will make that comment longer and clearer.