Re: Rmail and headers in other than US-ASCII (RFC2047 encoded words)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Rmail and headers in other than US-ASCII (RFC2047 encoded words)
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 10:07:28 -0500

    (I had also expected Rmail (and the other Emacs mailers) to switch to
    Message, since it is (or at least, was) a superset of mail mode (and
    has enough hooks in it to tie into just about anything), but that
    obviously, er, hasn't happened.)

That's because you simply implemented it as another mode,
rather than working with me on extending Mail mode.

But it isn't necessarily too late.  We can still merge them.  However,
I fear that various unrelated changes will have crept into one or both
of the modes, making merging more complicated now than it would have
been earlier.