Re: URL

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: URL
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:48:10 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Good question.  I've been bugging Bill and Dave every once in a while to
> move URL into Emacs, but it somehow still hasn't happened, after
> many months.

I'm not sure it's anything to do with me.

If I remember correctly, you wanted to link the repository on
subversions into the Emacs one.  There's nothing I can do about that,
even if I thought it was a good idea.

[What does this have to do with Rmail and MIME?  For what it's worth,
you should actually _not_ make network connexions when reading mail,
and Gnus will prevent that happening via the unreleased url.  Arguably
that should be done by a hook directly into the Emacs networking code,
but I suspect there's not enough use of W3 to warrant suppressing mail
bugging in that way.]