Re: isearch-yank-char

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: isearch-yank-char
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:03:45 -0400

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:42:56PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > +    (define-key map "\C-f" 'isearch-yank-char)
> I think many bindings are available for isearch because in practice very
> few normal bindings are used to exit isearch.  But I do think C-f is one of
> those bindings that people use to exist isearch.

Yeah .. and it's one of those things about which it's risky to make
judgements based on personal experience -- people seem to vary a _lot_ in the
way they use isearch (I'm always a bit surprised when I watch someone else
using it...).

It's a shame, because it would be nice to use more "normal" bindings in
isearch to do "isearchey variants", but it's probably necessary to be pretty

Would you like fries with that?