Re: new *Help* argument highlighting

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: new *Help* argument highlighting
Date: 13 May 2004 10:21:56 -0400

>> I strongly doubt it, because it is not a property of the display (X11
>> always supports italics) but of the particular font used.
> Patches welcome.  I don't know much about that stuff.

Neither do I.  The best approach I can think of is to compare the font used
for "A" and then for (propertize "A" 'face 'help-arg-face), but I don't think
we have a function to get the font used for a given char-with-face.

Of course, even if we do, it would only be valid for the current frame which
might be different from the one in which *Help* will be displayed (IIRC the
buffer is first constructed and then displayed via pop-to-buffer).

        Stefan